Monday, August 3, 2009

The Meeting


It's amazing how 4 months of planning and preparation all comes down to a last minute scramble to get our shit together. No matter, we're as ready as we're going to get with 10 hours to spare. I hope my paddlers get some sleep but I know they probably won't.

Earlier this evening was the race check in and mandatory safety meeting. We didn't learn anything new. That's good, it means we're ready. I've got to be up at 5 so forgive me if I don't put my usual exhausting effort in to this post. The next one you see here will be actual race coverage.


I will do my best to update the blog throughout the race but you can probably get more up to the minute information on how the guys are doing here. Look for boat number 1123.

We'll see you on the river!


No comments:

Post a Comment