Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 3: I am so over this

If anyone had ever told me it would take me 50 hours to get to Columbia I would have said 'well I'm not that interested in going then.' Now that I've spent 50 hours getting here though, I'm damn glad to be here.

For one thing, the fine folks at storage mart had given us a $50 Quick Trip gas card. We totally appreciate it, but I haven't seen a Quick Trip since Kansas City. Finally found one here and was able to gas up without dipping into the cash reserves. Also found a Waffle House and had the first real meal I've eaten since Monday. These camp meals are a bit carby for my tastes.

The guys just blew through the Cooper's Landing checkpoint and called in their lunch requests. Luckily, Columbia has ample supplies. I'm expecting to meet them at Marion Bottoms around 1:30 or 2 to feed them. Next stop, Jeff City.

In other news, our friends 'Yes, We Can!', could not. They packed it in at Glasgow citing 'logistics' problems. I think that means they realized they needed a ground crew. We're sorry to see them go and hope to see them back next year with some support. If we even come back. This is not easy.

More quick updates as I can either post them or get them to Laura. I promise I will do full bloggage and video editing this weekend after the race. There's just no time during it.

Made it through Lisbon in the daylight, barely.


1 comment:

  1. Shame to hear about "Yes, We Can!" I'm amazed they made it as far as they did without a ground crew.

    ReplyDelete